Keep fresh home made Smoky Hummus dip in your refrigerator handy, and you’ll never have to opt for an unhealthy snack again.
Smear it on sandwiches or use it on your wraps, use it as a dip or save it for a lick…Hummus helps you multitask and is a protein powerhouse.
You can save tons of calories by replacing it with the regular spreads like mayonnaise etc.
Hummus is so versatile, healthy and dynamic that I would not mind marrying it if it was a person 🙂
Sharing a quick recipe to add a twist in the tale.
SMOKY HUMMUS DIP INGREDIENTS:
- 1 small roasted red bell pepper or you may even want to experiment with beetroots.
- 1 3/4 cup pre soaked and cooked chickpeas,
- zest of one large lemon
- juice of half lemon
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heaping Tbsp tahini (Sesame paste)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
SMOKY HUMMUS DIP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wrap clean washed bell pepper in foil, drizzle on a bit of olive oil, wrap tightly, and roast for one hour or until a knife inserted falls out without resistance.
- Once cooled puree bell pepper in a blender adding water if needed to ease mixing.
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
- Store in fridge for up to a week.
Don’t hesitate to experiment as Hummus is a very well behaved recipe and usually doesn’t act funny.
Add yogurt, cinnamon, basil or whatever catches your fancy.
HAPPY SNACKING 🙂