MULTI LENTIL ADAI
This multi lentil adai is superbly healthy and loaded with goodness of flax and a twist in the tale by adding avocado filling and onions to add to the crunch. Better than any cheesy pizza. A far healthier option than any high carbs breakfast list.
Adai is a sort of pancake made with lentils usually. This is a wonderful breakfast – packed with protein, healthy fats and vegetable goodness. Also, adais are very filling and heavier to the stomach as compared to idli or dosa. All it needs is an overnight soaking.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- ½ cup channa dal
- 1 cup moong dal
- ½ cup arhar dal
- ½ cup whole moong
- ½ cup urad dal
- 2 tbsp methi seeds
- 1tbsp flax seeds
- green chillies
- curry leaves
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Finely chopped onion
- Mashed ripe Avocado
- Any leftovers like salads, beans etc.
- Finely grated Carrot and cabbage(optional)
- Soak the first 8 ingredients overnight.
- Rinse and grind the lentils next morning using extra water and the other ingredients to taste.
- Spread a ladleful of batter on a hot tava (like a dosa), cook both sides.
- Smear the avocado paste and add the toppings of finely chopped onions, green chillies and corriander.
- You can add finely grated carrot or cabbage to the adai batter.
One of the most nutritious dosas you could ever ask for is the Adai.
Also, this adai batter does not need any fermentation and hence all you need is an overnight soaking. Use the leftover options from your refrigerator like kidney beans, salad, lettuce etc. and savor with freshly made coconut chutney.