HOMEMADE GRITTY PEANUT BUTTER
Homemade Peanut butter with no added sugar and a pinch of sea salt. Peanuts were pre-soaked in coconut water and then dry roasted. Simply finger licking good 😊
DIRECTIONS TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER:
Prep. Time. 5 mins
Level: Super Duper Easy (Even your kid can make it. UNDER SUPERVISION)
WARNING: Very addictive
INGREDIENTS FOR PEANUT BUTTER
- The most obvious roasted PEANUTS (Unsalted) 500 gm to give you a jar that might last you a week.
- Sea salt: A sprinkle
- PEANUT or GROUNDNUT OIL: 2 tbsp
- High Speed Blender
- A Spatula
- A Jar to store
If using pre-roasted peanuts, throw all the ingredients in the mixer. Turn on machine and blend on highest setting until peanut begins to move freely through the blades and releases the oils. It starts to look like peanut butter. If you prefer crunchy peanut butter you will want to stop blending before it is moving freely through the blades of your machine.
Oven-Roasted In-Shell Peanuts
- Rinse the peanuts to remove excess dirt.
- Soak the peanuts for 8 hours up to overnight in either salt water or regular water. Drain the peanuts and allow them to dry.
- Spread a single layer of peanuts on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast the peanuts for 30 to 35 minutes, checking for done-ness during the last 10 minutes. To check for done-ness, remove a peanut from the oven with a tong. Allow the nut to cool then crack it open. Taste the nut to see if the texture is appropriate.
Oven-Roasted Shelled Peanuts
- Toss raw shelled peanuts with peanut oil in a bowl, if desired. Add about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of oil for every cup of shelled nuts you are roasting.
- Spread a single layer of peanuts on a baking sheet and place the baking sheet in an oven preheated to 350 F.
- Roast the peanuts for 15 to 20 minutes, checking for done-ness during the last 5 minutes. Check by removing a peanut from the oven. Allow the nut to cool then taste it.
So instead of processed, bulk produced, commercial peanut butters make your own top quality Peanut butter at home.
You even get the joy of scraping the butter stuck to the jar without feeling guilty after all its your hard earned labour and you definitely have earned this sweet reward.
Peanut oil is high in monounsaturated fat, like olive oil. It is also a good source of antioxidants, vitamin E and phytosterols, which benefit heart-health.
*A diabetic, Vegan, weight watchers friendly recipe