This creamy avocado pesto is a healthy recipe loaded with good fats to give a modern take on traditional pesto. Omit the cheese to make it vegan friendly. Rich and delicious!
Introducing my latest addiction! Creamy Avocado which are loaded with good fats! I gorge on this with avocado slices, burritos, carrots, celery to name a few.
Out comes the secret thats close to my heart and soul.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- A large ripe 🥑 avocado
- 2 tbsp pinenuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon frehly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese(optional)
How to prepare Creamy Avocado Pesto:
How to make the creamy avocado pesto? Simple mix all and blitz.
- Firstly put basil, avocado, garlic, pine-nuts and lemon in a processor and pulse till Pesto is chopped.
- Next add water and mix again until smooth.
- Finish with a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer in an airtight container and stir in the cheese.
- Store in a cool dry place or even butter freeze in ice tray for a better shelf life.
This healthy dip is absolutely without oil but loaded with healthy fats recipe for guilt free indulgence.
Omit the cheese to make it vegan friendly as Avocados add a silky consistency and cheese-like richness to this pesto recipe.
Toss it with pasta, spread it on bread slices to make bruschetta, or use it for a healthy mayo substitute on your sandwich.
Above all its very easy to add up calories to a regular pesto but this qualifies to be a much lighter and healthier version with no added oil.
Avocado benefits are numerous. Avocados are creamy and super healthy and add to a great texture. They provide essential nutrients, including fiber, folic acid, potassium, vitamin E and B-vitamins. Most importantly their abundance of heart-healthy fats, which help lower cholesterol and aid in the absorption of certain vitamins and minerals in our bodies.
Hope you enjoy this creamy avocado pesto as much as we do!