CHOOSE TO JUICE?
Although I’m not a big fan of juicing as I find it criminal to waste all that Gold in the form of fibre ( can’t help think otherwise thanks to the nutritionist in me); but in case u prefer to have a guilt-free glass full of juice once in your day, there are ways to judiciously use the most important part “THE FIBRE”. You can try one of the many methods I tried over the period of years to feel less GUILTY!
CHOOSE TO JUICE TIPS:
1. Use vegetable pulp to add nutrients and density to your pasta sauce.
2. Blend pulp into a smoothie to give it that FIBRE BOOST.
3. Mix pulp into baked goods like cakes, bread etc. Celery, onion, carrot, apple, and berry all work wonders.
4. Mix it in the Atta and knead well and you will not have to think twice to take any fibre supplements ever.
5. Add it to your soups. Make the best soup stock with your veggie pulp:If you want soup stock with tons of flavor, veggie pulp is an excellent base. Use pulp of tomatoes, onions, celery, carrots, and garlic for best results.
6.If you don’t have time to use the pulp immediately, you can place it in resealable bags and freeze it until you are ready. While some of the nutritional value may be lost when freezing, most of the fiber will remain. I personally freeze it in ice trays as its easier to use the exact measure for soups and smoothies and it saves me the time and mess to remove a chunk from the frozen mass.
7. LEFT OVER PULP WAFERS: This was an interesting recipe I came across.
- 2 .5 cup pulp from juice
- 1/2 cup flax meal (or chia seeds)
- 1 cup water
- additions: spices or nutritional yeast
Add your pulp, water and flax into a bowl or mix in a food processor.
Add in your favorite spices.
Spread on a silicon baking sheet.
Bake in oven till desired texture and crispness is achieved @ 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes.
TILL THEN “HAPPY JUICING”